Mystery Tree
By far my least favorite part of the Christmas holiday is obtaining the tree....last year I was a nervous wreck driving the tree home - I was sure I hadn't wrapped the twine around the tree tight enough, or that I left too much slack in the twine, or heck - that I was using twine in the first place!! This year I swore I would pay the extra $30 bucks for the fresh cut and tree-loading assistance. But when it came time, I just couldn't do it.
So...I convinced the kids that we wanted a 'mystery tree' - what's that you ask? Well - note how nicely it's bundled on the top of the car? Kids and I bought a tree that hadn't been unwrapped yet! That way I was sure to do a better tie job and not go psychotic on the drive home! Great success!
I kept the kids busy in the back by asking them to hold on to the tree and to make sure it didn't slide off. They were also my 'spotter' crew - and watched the green mound on the hood through the moonroof!! They took their jobs quite seriously:
So this is the tree before the great 'reveal' !! We had a reverse-maypole experience with the kids taking the lead on untieing the tree. It was lots of fun.
...and this would be the down-side of the mystery tree:
TAAAAAA-DDAAAAAAAAAA:









1 Comments:
I presume folks in your house are short. The top of your tree is will be decorated inch by inch as your kids grow over the years? It's simply beautiful.
Post a Comment
<< Home