Saturday, April 20, 2013

Picnic Day 2013

Is it April already?!?  Well - you know what that means....it's PICNIC DAY again!!  For the life of me I can't figure out the real reason for this celebration.  It's so jam-packed that there's hardly any room to have a picnic; and so much is going on that the 'leisure factor' of a picnic isn't there either.  But, thanks to a good dose of peer pressure and maternal guilt, I muster up the fortitude annually.  I must say, no stroller and a cool breeze made it (dare I say) enjoyable this year!

A few more firsts:  we rode the bus to the event


 and we got there in time to see the parade!!

Family photo!  (You can see Lulu thinks she's being quite clever holding the free sticker we got - it says "Beef: The west wasn't won on salad."

After the parade we did some egg head slidin


 Some drum beatin

Some tarantula pettin

Some rattle makin

Some ice cream eatin

Some helicopter chillin


some fire fightin


And some baseball watchin!


Which is why I was totally floored when the kids had energy for this:

of course, it was an awesome way to cool off!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home