Not Quite All the Same
I'm learning that lesson these days - not all pregnancies are the same. People have been asking me that a lot lately and since my baby-to-be postings have been scarce (in fact I think I'm overdue for a belly shot - I'll try to take one soon) I thought I'd share or scare!
*Puke factor - definitely kicked way up this baby - and several other moms have told me that it just keeps getting worse (which is why I'm amazed they had so many kids!) Sure I had some killer nausea with Lulu - but I managed to keep my head out of a plastic bag. Not so this time - in fact I shared my most stellar performance with my neighbors one morning while driving (or not driving)to work...I hope they knew I was pregnant and not hung-over!
*Spread factor - like Jiffy on Wonderbread - it's going on thick and everywhere! In fact, you'd think on profile shot I was carrying twins - one in the front and one in the back! Yep - I even had to buy bigger underwear - I NEVER had to do that with LuLu - I picked them up at Costco the other day - and to rub salt in the wound they're called "It-si-bit-sies" Now why would you name an underwear that and sell it in any size but XS and S? And have you been to Costco lately??? That's a foreign term to most folks there! But I digress. I had to put away a normal size pair of cords the other day - not because I couldn't snap them...but I couldn't hear myself think over the loud swish/swish of my walk - too embarassing especially at work...oh don't mind me - it's just my thighs coming through! Oh man - I imagine it's going to be rough on the post-partum side
*Awareness - poor kiddo - not only do we not have a pet fetus name right now, I have to do painstaking mental math to even tell you how many weeks I am - I think I'm going to spoil this one silly out of guilt for all of its life! And with LuLu all I thought about was the pregnancy - now it's over halfway (I know that for sure!) and I can't believe it - it's amazing how fast this one is going by - YIKES!
*Love - not one iota of difference - we are thrilled, enamored, excited, elated, etc!

1 Comments:
Love your descriptives... I can hear your cords way over here. So we'll be expecting that expecting pic ASAP!
Post a Comment
<< Home