Thursday, March 13, 2008

Guppie Gulper

LuLu and I were in the after-hours clinic today - viral pink eye. Let me save you 15 bucks and tell you now: 1) Wipe the goo from her eyes frequently (WOW! Amazing medical advice) 2) Wait 2-3 days 3) If the eye area gets red and/or her face swells up bring her in (um- duh!) 4) Natural Tears might help

but I digress....

As we were going during those lovely post-dinner pre-bedtime hours, we brought drinks and snacks to keep us happy. In the rush to leave the house in time to make the clinic hours, I decided that we could share a bottle of water (darn dishwasher just can't seem to load and start itself these days to keep up with our sippy cup needs...).

Luckily I managed to get the first taste - only to pass it to LuLu next. As she took a big swig I found myself marveling at the likeness a toddler drinking from a water bottle has to a guppy soiling its water...POOF! - the backwash is expelled with force into the bottle - little floating particles are disbursed everywhere...if you have a fish and I toddler I highly recommend this little comparison!

I won't be making that mistake again soon.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger The Masts said...

Yes, Jackie! It is really amazing how much food Liam manages to get into his water cup (and that doesn't count when he is "dipping" his food in his drink...a latest fad!)
Hana :)

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Hey Hay Kid said...

Oh Jackie, Jackie, Jackie, just what grade did you get in your science classes?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home