Auf Weidersein Deutschland
I suppose it doesn't really matter if I spell it right. We're not going. Yes...total bummer - which is probably why I haven't called and told all the people I should have. Sorry. I should receive the official Thanks-but-no-thanks letter in the mail soon- oh happy day. It was quite a crazy experience though.
I navigated NYC all by myself - and survived. Folks were actually very nice and polite given I had to lug my rolly-bag, carry-on and garment bag across Manhattan and on the subway. It was cold, but not as cold as I had prepared myself for. My hotel was just across the street from Cartier and down the block from Rolex. In the free afternoon before the dinner, I ventured out for a walk. The warm street vendor pretzels were not disappointing, although New-Yorkers don't seem to know what plain yellow mustard is!
I apparently was only a few blocks from Broadway and ran right into it! And then found my way to Times Square. It was a different world alright - tons of lights, video screens, cars, people - I felt a bit like country mouse meets city mouse. But very enchanting!
I met a ton of amazing people, both the interview committee and other applicants - renewable energy, micro-finance, medical device development, and a whole host of other specialties - it was fun just listening to them talk about their world's and hear how different our perceptions and experiences were. But it wasn't to be this time - and, after talking it over with E - we both are actually very ok with it all (one sad Lifetime movie and a grumpy weekend later my funk seems to have worked itself out!)
So - thanks to all of you for your support and well wishes. It's possible that we might try again for something just as crazy in another few years - so stay tuned!!
J

1 Comments:
Their loss! You're awesome for going for it. I am glad Manhattan was fun. Love you.
Post a Comment
<< Home