Sunday, March 06, 2011

Update Part II: LuLu

Ms LuLu - is still reluctant to do thimgs herself...you can probably blame that on me...working on facilitating independence. She gets frustrated easily..again, thanks inheriting my patience...you can probably blame that one on me too (oh - and she leaves her socks everywhere...again - me). Her face is now that of a 5 yr old. She has the best smile, the cutest little nose and the roundest red cheeks. She is my little doll-face. She is super friendly, social, outgoing, and empathetic. All the mom's of the shy kids at school are begging for a play-date with her because she brings out the best and is so inclusive - I have to say that as a mama that makes me quite proud. She is a great big sister and watchers out for her little brother. Lately she is becoming more aware of body types – big tummes, is she fat, is she just the right size - I'm trying not to overreact to those kinds of questions, but girls and body image just sound off the alarm in my head - I'll do my best to help her love herself. She hears EVERYTHING - even when you whisper in the room farthest away - it's like princess and the pea, but with sound...needless to say I have to watch myself, and what I listen to on the radio - ah jeez, anything but kids music please!!!!
She sings songs all the time , like little 5 yr old girls like to do – she just sang one about the beautiful sunset, how it looks like a rainbow and what a wonderful world we live in - got to love that! She has loads of fun at preschool but can’t seem to remember a thing she did that day.

Language: Let me tell you something, one more thing, I want to tell you a secret - ahh using language to evade, handle, and control - don't get me wrong - it's the gift that keeps on giving and I plan to nurture that...but she just needs to remember that I"m better at it! The other day she told me "Mommy I don’t like waiting in lines" :) again with the impatience - that's m'girl!

Toys/Pasttimes: the toys are getting smaller and smaller - lil pet shop ,hello kitty, some jewelry. She loves her books still and now wants me to pick out letters and words - which is exciting. She is more into artwork these days, LOVES her leapster explorer (thanks g'ma and g'pa), builds cities with the little people things, likes her zhuzhu pets, and her bicycle.

Food: motto - if its not brown don't feed it to me. French fries, chicken nuggets, chips, and corn tortillas (miralax anyone??!)
Movies: princess and the frog, Hello Kitty
Books – Artic Square, princess and the frog, 101/102 dalmations, Lady & the Tramp II Scamps Adventrues
Words – what the….! Coming into Action. Mom! You’re Joking!!!

Both little ones love a nightly tickle time and rough-house - apparently my slippers are the grand prize! Reminds me that they are both still little puppies on the inside!! So like puppies, there's a lot of mess and cleanup - but they do something for your soul like nothing else can.

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger joy4love said...

And I was going to beg for a play date! Guess it won't happen anytime soon. Miss her free spirit and round face indeed. Hope to see both of them someday soon!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Two Travelin' Maddox Girls said...

Love these kids of yours. They are most excellent and I want to drink in the youth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home