Some Firsts
As with most things there's good news and bad news to this. We'll start with the not-so-good news, and end on a high note!
Friday LuLu had her first cavity filled. Not the first time I felt like a complete failure as a mother, and, if she does her job right in her teen years it won't be the last either! To all you moms out there apparently the trick is to floss their teeth while they are lying down. I tried it tonight - it really was much easier and she didn't fight it nearly as much as she usually does! I guess the ACT mouthwash helps too (it appears I received errant advice early on in this department - oh well). Needless to say when it came right down to it - The Little Mermaid and a little laughing gas did amazing things! I couldn't believe what LuLu let them do (and frankly neither could they!!). She was an amazing patient!! (I was quite proud, and curious as well - why don't I get movies...and laughing gas??!!)
Flash forward to tonight "Mommy lets do a play; how about Beauty and the Beast?"
WHAT??? she wants to do a play??? AND dress up??? You mean all those silly dress up clothes that I've been collecting for 3 years and was just about to give away are now en vogue???!!! Figures. They can sense it when you're gonna throw their crap out.
Of course I got to be the beast - which meant I had to stand out in the front yard with a cape on (the cape was sparkly and purple, and I had to be in the yard because as many of you know the castle is in the forest and has a gate - like our yard). LuLu got to be Belle - which is perfect because Belle likes her books, and apparently she wasn't wearing a dress yet in the Act we were doing. Brother Bear - well, he got to be Superman (it's what we had). LuLu was a little upset as she was quite obsessed with the particulars of setting up the scene appropriately and well, there's no Superman in Beauty and the Beast - needless to say we didn't do a whole lot of acting. Mostly we discussed the visuals, props, and dress - and were dismayed with our absolute lack of ability to appropriately recreate what Disney has made the standard!
Good Fun!

2 Comments:
Ok so I am really excited for another post! But where are the pics? Your kids are pretty cute and you in a pink sequin cape- well that's just begging for visual documentation.
I miss dress up time. Can I play with you sometime soon? Maybe we can play at work.
Post a Comment
<< Home