Wednesday, August 27, 2008

No Baby Yet

Why do they keep laughing when I ask if they think I'll really need to make next week's appointment??? Don't they know that it's a teensy bit cruel?? So - haven't done a baby update in a while - for those in the know I am CMV and GSB negative - both a relief. I still have an inny belly button - it hasn't popped yet. I'm definitely waddling. What else - hmmm - I might be a wee bit cranky in the evenings - but you'll have to ask Big E about that and I'm certain he'll deny it. I'm not sleeping too well these days - a three hour stretch is a miracle - and heaven forbid I have any caffeine, if I do I'm up all night. Baby is quite the gymnast still - lots kicks and spins (have I mentioned we think s/he is part chicken and trying to peck it's way out!!) I've peaked and surpassed the 160# mark - I say bring it on - with enough ice cream and Bon-Bons I'm sure I can reach 170 by delivery!! This one likes my sciatic nerve- apparently fun to swing from - so far my leg hasn't buckled on me so I guess it's not that bad. My nails are breaking - maybe that's a good sign that I'm just about done with pregnancy.

I went to a breastfeeding class on Monday - I think I was the only one there that had other kids - I tried not to be a know-it-all - but I couldn't help myself when she said Breastfeeding doesn't hurt??!! Um come again??!! I think I can count on one finger the number of women that had a perfectly pleasant experience. The instructor mentioned Lansinoh cream, but said it really wasn't necessary - woah woah woah - that's where I had to pipe in - Firstly it hurts - a lot (and my latch was approved by 2 lactation consultants) - sorry to break it to the new moms - but let's not set them up for failure. Let them know they will need help, they absolutely should follow-up with someone once they get home, that the pain will get better, that its more than worth it, and for crying out loud, wax on that Lansinoh cream like you are Ralph Macchio in Karate Kid - WAX ON new mama!! So I guess this qualifies as a rant...sorry recall that cranky thing - maybe I'll start blogging in the am.

BTW I plan to backfill the pix with some text. so keep checking.

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Jenn V. said...

Fabulous! You tell those new moms...why mislead them???

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger threeforme said...

Joel and I are crying we're laughing so hard. Way to reference the Karate Kid. And what the *%*$* was that instructor smoking? Had she ever had a baby? Every mom, new or old, should buy stock in Lansinoh. That stuff's a life saver (and makes an excellent diaper rash cream, if I made add.)

love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home