Friday, July 25, 2008

Shall We Dine?

In our house lately it really is a question...rather than an invitation. I like to think that I take such pride in my culinary selections that I can't be rushed...and likewise that the flavors are so exquisite that they require time to blend and settle.

Translation - I'm just not up to it anymore.

It took me 3 days to make enchiladas. One day to prep and cook the chicken. One day to assemble and clean up from the day before. And one day to actually cook it - only to find out that the peppers and green chiles don't settle so well - and that LuLu doesn't really eat them like she used to (big surprise there)...hope you like them Dad.

On the baby front - I outgrew my medium maternity pants over the weekend. People are very kind and say I don't look a bit like an almost 8 mo pregnant woman...like I said - they are very kind. I'm huge. My new pants look like windsocks, my shirts look like upside-down funnels with sleeves, and even LuLu says my boobs are huge - AUGH what about me isn't these days!! I've got quite a kicker in there - lately I'm wincing and exclaiming out loud when it catches me off-guard. I think s/he thinks they are a chicken and are trying to peck their way out! So - what's different this time- I'm getting heartburn most of the time, can't really bend over without risking it...I'm waddling now (isnt it a bit early for that?) and I don't remember the sciatica with LuLu. I'm craving Shredded Wheat like I did when I was marathon training (that's so weird!) But I'm really thankful that I'm not carrying as low as I expected - lots of mom friends had told me that that can happen with #2 and that it is really uncomfortable. Luckily my job lets me do whatever I need to be comfortable - including sneakers, walks and breaks whenever - it makes me feel for those women who have to be on their feet for their whole shift..I don't know how they do it.

On the LuLu front - bedtime is a bear lately; she is repeatedly telling me she is a princess "I a princess mommy"; she loves to hang from any limb or article of clothing you may be wearing "I swing like Diego"; my favorite new phrase is "Wait to me!" followed closely by "Sure"; she is a demon on her tricycle - she even threw it into a slide on purpose the other day (Dad was totally impressed - I think its one of his proudest moments to date!); she told ME what shirt she wanted to wear the other day (YIKES); she is fascinated with big brothers and big sisters lately - she makes families out of her stuffed animals and little people; she is really being a great mommy to her dollies - singing Rock a Bye Baby, carrying them in her Bjorn, and taking them for walks in the stroller (and not a moment too soon!); she loves her music in the car; and finally she's not totally committed to the whole potty thing - oh well I've been told she'll regress in September anyways!

Ciao for now - I've got to get in the kitchen if we want to have something to eat on Monday!

1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Mommy Jules said...

Ok, based on your description of your pregnancy, I think you have an active boy in there. I know I only have a 50/50 chance, but I am 2 for 2 lately. Hang in there and we'll see you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home