'D' Day
Or should I call it 'P' Day...you guessed it! With the big girl bed solidly under our belts...we continue south and venture into the world of potty training...or "toilet learning" as the new PC-world of parenting calls it.
A few calls to friends and a few short internet articles later we plunged into it full-forced this morning. Armed with three freshly-washed pairs of Dora panties, a full pitcher of white grape juice, plenty of salty snacks, a stack of clean dish-towels and disinfectant, we faced the day optimistically (and rug-free).
No less than ninety minutes into our venture we had to sideline Dora- apparently the "gotta go" signal doesn't travel fast enough in toddlers to allow for the timely removal of panties....it was a Full Monty morning. By naptime our stats weren't looking too impressive and I have to admit I was beginning to doubt myself- we were 3 for 11 - but just before nap, like music to my ears LuLu exclaimed "I have to go!" I quickly learned that this actually means -mom I've got ONE NANOSECOND to find the potty.
So for the afternoon we were never far from the potty. And even though the timer went off every 10 minutes to remind me to ask her to go - I got better at learning her signals...so I'm rather proud to share that our afternoon record was 3 for 5...it appears we are both toilet learning together.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home