Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Our little Sugar Plum Fairy

Me: LuLu-what would you like for breakfast?
L: I want ice cream

Me: No ice cream today.
L: I want cake

...not to hear no again the preemptive


L: I want cookies

...when presented with a delicious breakfast


L: This is not ice cream

At least a dozen times a day I deflect requests for such things....and I imagine its only going to get worse. BTW she only eats crackers and toast these days...they say your kids know how to find your buttons- and it seems she does!

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Ohh that sounds like Ella- she is also on a toast phase. Actually it's more like anything that has bread in it. So stuffing should be a big hit this year! Love reading your blog!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger threeforme said...

Yes, yes. Kate already can ask for Dibs 17 million times a day. I don't know what I'm going to do when she figure out to say, "This isn't a Dib!"

Now that P is 4, I'm seeing some light at the end of the "I'm only eating _____" phase. There are worse things than toast and crackers. Well, like ice cream for breakfast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home