Thursday, August 09, 2012

Trip Home

Grandma & Grandpa have been great at visiting - seems like we see them five or six times a year...but even so the kids say "it's not the same" we wanna go to THEIR house.  So I finally threw the kids in the car two weeks ago Thursday and headed down South.  

It had been a busy few weeks prior to leaving so I had no expectations for making great time on the trip - we were just gonna go until we needed to stop, no matter how many times.  Overall it took about 8 1/2 hours - but we were still friendly when we arrived, so all in all it was a good first leg of the trip.

Grandma kept the kids busy working at the crack of dawn - literally - here they are at 6:45 in the morning - planting flowers in the entryway and watering the cucumbers.  No time like ridiculously early Grandma always says ;)  (of course, we know she was keeping them busy and out of the house so mama could sleep a little more - thanks g'ma!!)



And...may I present to you...the first official CATCH!  Grandma made LB a bug catcher from an old icing container - pretty clever!!  Holes in the top and a viewing window.  LB couldn't wait to try it out - and it a manner of seconds - literally - he had bagged this lizard.  I heard him say "Mama - I got a lizard" - poor guy - I didn't actually think he meant IN the container - they're so fast.  But he did - and he actually caught him twice!  Here he is! (and for the PETA folks out there...when the sun came up, we let him go - the lizard that, is.)


We had a busy and wonderful trip - kids are already asking when the next visit is!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home