4th of July 2012
2012 was the first time we hosted our own fireworks show. I've always been a little skeptical of those roadside stands -but this year I decided to live dangerously and take a chance.
All in all I'd say it worked out pretty well - kids enjoyed the activities and we were in bed by 9pm - AWESOME! I must admit, one of the true pleasures of global warming and our changing climate will be having 4th of July fireworks at a decent hour, and good weather at Christmas. Other than that I empathisize w/ the penguins and am generally in favor of polar ice.
I digress.
We started w/ cherry bombs in the driveway - LB was a little frustrated as he was going for distance rather than velocity. Big Sis nailed it though - popped every one. I actually found a few of LB's long range unpopped bombs on my barefoot walk the next morning - ooh!
We then moved on to sparklers, which weren't as big a hit as I thought they'd be. They took a while to light and were pretty smokey. Speaking of smoke, kids and I both loved the smoke bombs - blue was by far the best (still a "teensy" momento spot on the street out front), but by far LB's favorite was the "poop pile" aka the snake. Have to admit - I'm w/ LB on this one - it looked like a big terd pile - which when you're 3 is the absolute greatest - SO - no complaints. Lulu liked the monster fireworks - which was just a big bunch of fuschia colored sparks - but she couldn't figure out why it was called a Monster Work - ahh my literal kid is gonna have a bit of an adjustment in this world ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home