Coming up for air
Well - you've probably all but given up on me my cyber friends and family. Phew! What a month - can't believe we already have one under our belt. So how have we spent it - movies, parks, visitors, walking, oh yeah and BREASTFEEDING.
Just when I thought we were finding our grove I got mastitis this weekend - OMG! I have never had such a headache, I couldn't stand up straight, and chills, and soreness - and it came on so fast. Luckily the folks were in town for the weekend, so we had some extra help, and the weekend clinic was deserted so I could get in and out and start some good drugs fast! So I'm feeling better - we're using a supplemental nursing system - its a pain, but he won't take the bottle...like I said we are hanging in there - the big joke in our house is that breastfeeding is "natural" with the tubes and tape and pump it hardly gives me those feel-good vibes - but whatever - I can only hope it will pay off in the form of less illness this time around.
LuLu wears diapers only at night - and really only have accidents when her exhausted parents let her down and forget to cajole her into the potty. She's talking up a storm - and told her first lie today (although she really seemed to think she was telling the truth so I'm not sure it counts). She can climb and swing like a monkey, and she loves her "baby brother-sister" (nice that she could get both in only one kiddo). She sends her deepest appreciate for all of the big-sister gifts (and so do her mom and dad really - THANK YOU - it really makes things go smoothly, we appreciate it!)
Little brother is getting bigger - his sleeping patterns are evening out a bit and he lately has only been up 2-3 times a night which has been nice. He has outgrown his first outfit (oh no!) and no smiles and says "ah-goo" (he's a genius, far ahead of his peers!!)
Big E and I are for the most part fairly sane.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home