First Check-Up
We've actually had many appts since we left the hospital - mostly weight checks for breastfeeding. We actually had another today - he has officially gained back to his birthweight - his is now 9# 2 oz - but we are supplementing with some formula. This past week it's been 2 oz per day - but he's now in the middle of his 3 week growth spurt - so the lactation consultant recommended we use a supplemental nursing system (no bottles) with each feed and let him feel full and satisfied - in the meantime my Donperidone dose doubled so hopefully my milk production will pick up - and on Friday we will reassess once we know if the ENT will cut his frenulum (sp?) Phew...so if you've wondered what I've been doing the past two weeks while I've been blogless...well the simple response is trying to breastfeed.

3 Comments:
You are such a good mommy! Sorry to hear about the challenges. Congrats on getting his weight up. : )
I'm so proud of you! You know I empathize!!! Hugs to you and your beautiful family.
Your breastfeeding medicine reminds me of Dom Pérignon champagne. I am sure you wish it were!
Post a Comment
<< Home