Wednesday, November 05, 2008

New Mom

I still consider myself a new mom. Having a 3 year old is new to me, having a boy is new too. It's a steep learning curve, and I'm learning lots of things.

I'm learning that:

* No matter what I make for breakfast, regardless of whether or not I am fulfilling a request, it's not what she'll want to eat
* The cup I pick out is never right
* The clothes I pick out first are inevitably the most uncomfortable ones in the closet (even though they seemed to feel fine last week)
* The shoes I buy won't fit (even though she told me they feel fine)
* No matter how many times I ask her if she has to go potty, and no matter how many times she says no - if I believe her, it's only a matter of minutes before I'm wiping up pee off of some surface
* She hears everything - even when I whisper
* We're a lot more alike than I care to admit (whining, tantrums and all)

and finally:

I'm learning that when I'm just starting to get the hang of things, the rules will change.

2 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Joann said...

Ahh, it sounds all so very very normal. Ups, downs, crazy ride! Try to keep your beautiful smile and laugh at the silliness of it all. Are you in town anytime? I have a hand-me-down or two for you! Thinking of you often!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Ain't it the truth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home